Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New member of the family

So perhaps the biggest mistake that we made in this whole moving to DC and then out of the country thing was giving up Penasco.  At one point last Spring we tried to get him back but to no avail.  We learned the hard way that when you move your kids all over the place getting rid of their dog does not help with the emotional trauma that is already occurring.  So a few months ago we promised the kids that we would get another dog once we got settled in El Salvador.  It took us a while to find the right dog. But yesterday we finally made good on that promise. 
This is Blue.  Named for his one blue eye.  He is a german shepherd siberian husky mix.  He's like a baby, no worse.  I was up all night last night listening to him cry like an infant.  I almost put him out with the trash this morning.  But he is pretty cute.  Oh, we never really learn do we.

3 comments:

  1. Java and Kuche officially welcome Blue to the family. (He's pretty darn cute.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To quote a movie I like: "Heterochromia is in reference to your eyes, which I have to say are stunning. One green, one blue. It's a mutation. It's a very groovy mutation. I've got news for you, [Blue]. You are a mutant."

    :)

    Oh, this is Katie again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave I must say setting up this blog was ingenious.
    Very cute puppy. I bet he is soft! Good luck with the chewing phase. That's the worst!
    I adore Traci chilling in the hammock with a armored guy behin her. Very classy place you're residing in! Looks like your new dog will be the best guardED dog ever!
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete