Thursday, March 10, 2011

From SLC to DC


Before we left we struggled through a yard sale. Luckily folks came by to make it fun.


We finally got on the road.  I learned a long time ago that when you travel with Traci you'll be making a lot of stops along the way.  We weren't even to Parleys Summit before we had to stop and take a picture.  Traci takes "stopping to smell the roses" to a whole new level.

We found some fun hotels along the way.  The only criteria to choosing a hotel every night was whether or not it had a pool.
The mighty Mississippi.
I don't even remember what town it was but right on the Mississippi river on the Iowa side is the Buffalo Bill Museum.  Wasn't on our list of things to do, but how do you resist.
We didn't anticipate stopping in Chicago but we were glad we did.  We loved Chicago!
The kids made some new friends...
Traci had a lovely chat with Bob Newhart...
We took an architecture cruise which was phenomenal...
Simon slept quite a bit...
And we learned that the Chicago Tribune building contains a piece of the Salt Lake Temple.
We stopped to see friends in Goshen, Indiana.  I found it absolutely awesome that the Walmart parking lot had designated parking stalls for Amish buggies.
Anyway, there's a few moments from the trip across the country.  When I'm not so tired I'll post some more photos that we've taken during the last few months here in DC.

3 comments:

  1. great photos! Thanks for sharing them. -Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun road trip! I've heard lots of good things about Chicago, maybe we'll have to take a trip there at some point.
    The way Katie's Hale cousins do the blog-correspondence thing that seems to work well is to have cross-links to each others blogs on the side bar...I don't know if other cousins keep a blog, but Katie's is katieandjeffbrown.blogspot.com and Jenny's is jennyszestvestige.blogspot.com. Anyone else want to add theirs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos...makes us really miss you all, even more. (This blog is a great idea!)

    ReplyDelete